A Traverse Area District Library card is the key to accessing information including a quality collection of books, movies, music and more. Sign up for a TADL borrowing card today and receive an updated card/key combo for borrowing items at any TADL location including the express checkout stations at Woodmere. The TADL card/key combo was requested/suggested by many patrons and offers ease when checking out and locating one's card.
Below you will find more information about getting and using your TADL card, as well as details about loan periods and overdue fines. If you have questions not answered here, stop by or call any TADL location to speak with a staff member.
Getting Your Card
When registering for a TADL borrowing card, you agree to all of the rules of the Traverse Area District Library; to return all materials in a timely fashion and in good condition; to promptly pay all fines levied against you; and to give notice of any change in my name, address or phone number. TADL utilizes Unique Management Services to manage its delinquent accounts.Residents
A TADL borrowing card is free to anyone who lives in the TADL taxing district (Grand Traverse County, and currently Almira, Inland, Elmwood Townships). Residents can check out and return all physical items from any of the six TADL locations. In addition residents can request an online user name and password from any TADL service desk to access e-books, e-audiobooks, streaming video, foreign language learning tools, small business/entrepreneurial resources, and more.
Apply in person at any TADL location or online
. Current photo ID and proof of current address required. If applying online, you will
have to come in with ID materials for verification.
Minors (under age 18) applying for a card must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, who must provide current photo ID and proof of current address. The signing parent/guardian is financially responsible for all items checked out on these cards.
Currently, individuals who live outside of the TADL taxing district, in the area covered by the Mid-Michigan Library League
are eligible to apply for a TADL card for access to borrow physical
Place Holds and Renew Online...It's Easy!
Access your online user name and password by visiting any TADL service desk at any TADL location. Use this username and password to log into your account at www.tadl.org
and easily renew items to avoid overdue fees. Browse the recently improved catalog to search for items and place holds. When placing a hold, select the library you would like to pick up from and you will receive an email and/or phone notice when your library item(s) are ready for pick up.
Renewing Your TADL Card
TADL cards renew annually and must be renewed in person with current photo ID and proof of current address. Parent/guardian must provide this when renewing a child's card.
Information about your library account will be released ONLY to the person named on the account (Library Privacy Act, PA 455, 1982).
A current, valid card is required to use the library's public computers (time limits apply). You may only use your own library card to access public computers.
A limit of 40 items may be checked out on one TADL card.
You are responsible for returning items on time. At checkout you will receive a receipt showing the due date for each item.
- Borrowing privleges will be suspended or accounts with more than ten overdue items or with an owed fee balance of $5 or more.
- If an item has not been returned by its due date, you will be notified by phone or email.
- All items will be charged a fine for each day they are overdue. Fines are calculated from the date the item was due until it is returned.
- If an item is more than 45 days overdue, it is considered lost and you will receive a bill to cover replacement and processing costs.
- If a billed overdue item is returned in good condition, the bill will be removed from your record. Overdue fines will still apply.
- Overdue fines and fees may be paid at any TADL location using cash or check, or through your online account by using a credit card.
- After 45 days, patrons with charges of $25 or more will be referred to a collection agency, within the sole discretion of TADL. Patrons referred to the collection agency will have a $15 fee added to their library records.