The Traverse Area District Library (TADL) offers downloadable e-books and e-audiobooks through Overdrive to patrons with a valid library account living within the TADL taxing district and contractual municipalities (currently Grand Traverse County, Elmwood, Almira, and Inland Townships).
- Get started: search for your book title
- Learn how to use your e-reader and Overdrive
- Free E-book Workshops
The e-books you download from TADL will automatically become unreadable and return themselves after the lending period is over.
Returning E-Books Early
Click here for step-by-step instructions for popular e-reader devices.
FOR THOSE LIVING OUTSIDE OF TADL'S TAXING DISTRICT
TADL has historically extended direct borrowing privileges to residents of the Mid-Michigan Library League (MMLL) region. However, Overdrive (vendor for e-books and e-audiobooks) currently require TADL to limit e-downloads to residents of the actual TADL taxing district, which currently includes Grand Traverse County plus three contractual townships in Benzie and Leelanau counties.
Below are links to northwest Michigan libraries in addition to TADL that subscribe to online resources for their patrons. Access to online services such as e-books may be available through your local library.
- Libraries within the Up North Digital Collection
- Libraries within the Great Lakes Digital Libraries
- Free e-books for anyone, anywhere! Public domain titles through the Project Gutenberg Collection. An e-reader app may be required. No TADL card required for this collection. Enjoy.