Babysitting is a great way to earn money - and it is a very important job! It means providing safe care for infants and children.
Course is open to boys and girls, ages 11 and up. Class size is limited - registration with payment are required* to secure your space.
At our babysitting course, your child will learn:
- the responsibilities of a babysitter
- how to interview for a job
- what to expect of parents who hire you
- what parents expect of you, the babysitter
- how to handle an emergency or illness
- how to prevent accidents
- how to play with children of different ages
- how to select safe toys and games
- how to supervise children
- how to diaper and dress infants
- how to feed babies and prepare simple foods for children
- what resources the library has available
The cost is $85 per student and includes 2 books, a CD-ROM, and completion certificate. This class is extremely popular and is offered on a first-come-first-served basis - remember you must pay in full to hold your space.
*The registration deadline is 4/27/13.
Return this form with your check, or you can stop at the Kingsley Branch Library to sign up.
For more information, please call 231-263-5484.