The Traverse Area District Library will "Dream Big" this summer as we celebrate Summer Reading Club 2012! Kick-off parties and registration will take place in June for available programs at participating libraries within the District. Be sure to check this page often for regular updates.
TADL offers free programs encouraging patrons of all ages to continue to enjoy books and their library throughout the summer months.
This year's themes are sure to entice and excite participation in summer reading club!
"Own the Night" is the summer teen program theme. Offering an opportunity to read and discuss in a fun and supportive environment, participating teens will become eligible for a grand prize as well as other fun weekly drawings. Check out www.tadl.org/teens for dates and details.
"Dream Big” is this year’s children’s program theme. Preparing children for continued success through the development of early language skills, youngsters can participate at the level most comfortable for them.
“We focus on the joy of reading and then sharing what you have learned with those around you,” said Bernadette Groppuso, youth services manager for Traverse Area District Library. She added, “The summer reading program is a perfect tool to develop reading and literacy skills. The best way to become a good reader is to practice!”
Summer reading fun isn’t just for kids, "Between the Covers" is this year's adult program theme. Adults can enjoy reading lists as well as weekly drawings at select libraries. With no minimums or maximums, busy adults can experience the joy of reading and foster a common family activity.
TRAVERSE AREA DISTRICT LIBRARY
SUMMER READING CLUB SIGN-UP AND KICK-OFF EVENTS
East Bay Branch Library
- June 9 Summer Reading Club Kick-Off and Sign-Up
Kingsley Branch Library
- June 4 - 16 Summer Reading Club Sign-Up
Woodmere (Main) Branch Library
- June 10 Dream Big Summer Reading Club Open House
- June 17 Own the Night Summer Reading Sign-Up Online and in Person
- June 23 Own the Night Kick-Off Event, Zombie Apocalypse Survival Planning
- July 21: Own the Night NightFlix Double Feature
- August 25: Own the Night: A Dance Party You Do Not Want To Miss
Fife Lake Public Library
- June 2 Summer Reading Club Sign-Up and Kick-Off Party
Interlochen Public Library
- May 29 Summer Reading Club Sign-Up Begins
Peninsula Community Library
- June 18 Between the Covers Adult Summer Reading Sign-Up
- June 18 Own the Night Teen Summer Reading Sign-Up
- June 28 Dream Big Summer Reading Kick-Off Movie Night
For a more information on TADL summer reading programs including participating libraries, event details and kick-off celebrations visit www.tadl.org and search for your local library, visit the Traverse Area District Library Facebook page for updates.