Party with a purpose at the TADL Gala! On Friday, January 11th, the Traverse Area District Library is celebrating 20 years of the Main Library building in Traverse City, which opened to the public on January 10, 1999. Celebrate at this after-hours gala fundraiser to support the Traverse Area District Library. Join us for a strolling dinner, cash bar, live music, silent auction items, and a brief program featuring a keynote by award-winning and New York Times best-selling author, Andre Dubus III, and a special TADL volunteer recognition.
The evening will also include a book signing with Mr. Dubus. His books will be also available for purchase, with a portion of the sales to benefit TADL.
Thank you to our generous community members and businesses for donating the following items for bid at the Silent Auction.
- Original ink and watercolor artwork “TADL Winter Scene from the Boardman Lake Side” by Glenn Wolff
- A set of books signed by author Andre Dubus III
- Traverse Tall Ship Co. – sail for 6 people on the yacht Scout (noon-2pm sail only)
- Chef Tom Sisco: Four-course dinner for 4 people, prepared in your home. Groceries donated by Sam’s Club
- 2019 TCFF Prize Package: VIP access to TCFF parties, films & more. Plus, two annual memberships to the State & Bijou
- The original wooden kids reading boat from the Youth Services department
- The original decorated wooden puppet theatre from the Youth Services department
- Four “VIP” Tickets to a 2019 Traverse City Baseball Game – donated by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- Collectible Jazz and Blues multi-disc sets on CD and DVD.
- Book Club Kit (4 books) & Workshop with Barbara Stark-Nemon, author of Hard Cider
- Author Heather Schumaker attends your Book Club to discuss one of her books: Saving Arcadia or new children’s book The Griffins of Castle Cary
- Private golf lesson with PGA Professional Scott Hebert, and one round of golf for 4 people – donated by TC Golf & Country Club
- After-hours pajama party at the library for 12 kids. Includes storytime, games, and two dozen cupcakes from Third Coast Bakery
- Brewery tour and dinner for six people at The Filling Station Microbrewery in Traverse City
- Two dozen morsels – donated by Morsels Espresso & Edibles
- Two gold level tickets for the Traverse Symphony Orchestra February & March concerts, Two CDs and a TSO water bottle
- National Writers Series: Tickets to the 2019 Winter/Spring season
- Earthen Ales microbrewery: Growler with fill certificate, and EA swag
- Tea Class – Light of Day Organics
- Genealogy research services – donated by Grand Traverse Area Genealogical Society
- Jack Morris – MLB Hall of Fame commemorative plaque and autographed baseball.
- Two turned wood bowls – donated by Northwestern Michigan Wood Turners
- Fine Art Photography by Jerry Stutzman (one framed photograph, and one canvas print)
- McGough’s Seed Basket and Master Gardener Consult, plus a membership to the TC Community Garden
- Nursery grown, 2″ caliper sugar or red maple, balled and burlapped, professionally planted in Grand Traverse Area – donated by Terra Bella Landscape
- Plus several rare and collectible books