For the past few years, we’ve watched the number of library patrons who use hoopla digital to stream and download ebooks, audiobooks, movies and TV shows continue to grow. As that number increases, so do our costs.
Due to limited resources, the number of cardholder checkouts on hoopla digital have been reduced to 6 per month, per person effective June 1, 2019. This new limit will allow us to keep this popular resource open to everyone as demand grows.
We want to give you more of what you love. Consider trying out some of the other popular digital resources like:
- Kanopy – Stream over 30,000 films — classic, indie and documentary via your favorite online device (desktop, mobile, and Roku).
- Kanopy Kids – Educational and engaging videos for children of all ages—as well as the young at heart.
- OverDrive – A robust selection of ebooks and audiobooks to check out on your mobile device or tablet with the Libby app.
- RBdigital – Check out your favorite ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines.
- Access Video – Instant access to a world-class instructional and documentary video collection online.
Visit tadl.org/at-home to get started with any of these great services.
Our digital resources are available for patrons who live in Grand Traverse County or Elmwood Township, Almira Township, or Inland Township. If you don’t live in these areas, the library closest to you might also have options for ebooks and audiobooks, and we’d be happy to look with you.
Want help learning to use these services?
Learn how to use library digital resources on your laptop, Kindle, tablet, or smart phone! TADL staff offer Digital Drop-In help on Tuesday & Thursday mornings from 9-10:30 a.m. and Wednesday evenings from 5:30-7:00 p.m. Visit the Reference Desk on the 2nd floor of the Main Library to get one-on-one help from library staff.