Dear TADL Patrons:
As always, the health and safety of staff and library users is our top priority.
Beginning Friday, March 13, 2020 at the end of the business day, ALL locations of the Traverse Area District Library are CLOSED to the public until further notice. Return drop boxes will also be closed. Please do not return any items you’ve borrowed until we reopen.
The closure of the libraries is in response to public health and safety concerns, and to slow the spread of the coronavirus. Further updates will be available on tadl.org and social media sites.
Don’t forget the library has a large collection of digital materials available to patrons living in our taxing district. All are available on TADL.org and are free with your digital account. Digital materials include:
- eBooks, downloadable audiobooks, Streaming TV and Movies.
- Databases, and much more.
Details about your account:
- All items currently checked out will not be due until we reopen.
- Items currently on Hold will still be available when we reopen.
- You may place holds on items that are available within the district during the closure, but they will not be available for pick-up until we reopen.
- MelCat inter-library loans will not be in service during the closure.
We will continue to be available to you via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do plan to provide some phone service but we don’t yet know the hours that the service will be available, so stay tuned for that.
We appreciate your patience during this challenging time.
Michele P. Howard, TADL Director
Cathy Adams, Acting Peninsula Library Director
Julie Kintner, Fife Lake Public Library
Renee Kelchak, Interlochen Public Library