(Traverse City, MI) After two weeks of open book drops and a week of curbside service, TADL is excited to open its doors once again to the public! In order to allow sufficient time for cleaning and quarantine of materials our building hours and space will be limited. Please visit tadl.org/locations for a listing of updated hours for each library location.
What to Expect at Your Next Visit
If you’re a returning visitor you may notice a few changes, we’ve adapted our buildings for increased safety for visitors and staff. You will find acrylic panels at all service desks, 6-feet distancing markers, and limited furniture. TADL staff will regularly disinfect all high-touch surface areas. Hand sanitizer and wipes are available for public use. We hope these changes will make your library experience more comfortable.
We also hope to make your first library visit more fun with our Show Your Mask, Show Your Love Maskerpiece program! We’re encouraging everyone who visits the library to decorate their face mask to celebrate their favorite book, favorite author, literary genre, movie, or music. We’ll be posting photos to display and giving out weekly prizes to celebrate your maskerpieces.
We are implementing a new set of procedures that will allow TADL staff to determine how best to protect staff and visitors with the building open to the public. We do hope to broaden these restrictions over time, barring any local resurgence and/or regulations that dictate otherwise.
- All patrons are required to wear a face-covering during their visit, unless they cannot medically tolerate one. If you do not have one, a mask will be provided by TADL staff upon entry. Children under the age of 2 are not required to wear a face covering.
- If you are experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms, please do not enter.
- Patrons must maintain 6 feet of distance from one another.
- Patrons are asked to spend one hour maximum in the library to reduce exposure to our staff and fellow patrons.
- Computer use is limited to one-hour per day.
- Common shared items such as musical instruments, toys and puzzles will not be available.
- Multi-use print publications including newspapers and magazines will not be available at this time for browsing. Magazines are available for check out. Digital copies of select newspapers and magazines will be available, please contact the Reference Desk if you are looking for a specific publication.
- Water fountains will be disabled. Patrons will have access to automatic water bottle fillers.
- Hand sanitizer and wipes are available and the buildings are routinely cleaned by TADL staff and a professional cleaning team.
- Meeting and study rooms are not available at this time.
Welcome back – we can’t wait to see you June 24!