TADL Subscription Databases
(available to residents of the TADL taxing district)
- Reference USA Assists users in developing marketing plans, creating target lists and conducting competitive analysis
- Foundation Directory Online and Foundation Grants for Individuals Provides comprehensive information on grantmakers and their grants. Included is a database of nearly 100,000 foundations, 4,000 sponsoring companies; over 2.4 million recently awarded grants; and more than 700,000 recently filed IRS Forms 990 and 990-PF.
- SCORE Small Business Resources
- Free Monthly Small Business Workshops at TADL-Woodmere
- Saturday Mentoring Sessions at TADL-Woodmere
Michigan Electronic Library
(available to all residents of Michigan)
- Business Decision Research market segmentation and demographic data associated with specified geographies.
- Demographics Now Find individuals, businesses and demographic info.
- General Business File ASAP Analyze company performance and activity, industry events and trends as well as the latest in management, economics and politics. Access to a combination of broker research reports, trade publications, newspapers, journals and company directory listings with full text and images available.
- Legal Forms Library Forms for incorporation as well as sample letters for a variety of business purposes.
- Small Business Resource Center Learn how to start, finance or manage your small business. Resources include sample business plans, how to guides, articles and websites.
General (including information on starting a business, business plans, and financing)
- Small Business Administration
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation
- Michigan Small Business and Technology Development Center (MISBTDC)
- US Dept. of Commerce’s Minority Business Development Agency
- US Dept. of Veteran Affairs Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization
- Michigan’s “Guide to Starting a Small Business”
- Traverse City Area Chamber of Commerce
- Downtown Traverse City (including the Downtown Development Authority (DDA), the Downtown Traverse City Association (DTCA) and Auto Parking Services)
- SCORE Chapter 578 in Traverse City
Statistics and Market Research
- Consumer Expenditure Surveys from the Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Community Research Institute
- Gallup Poll market research
- Harris Poll market research
- Grand Traverse County statistics from the US Census Bureau
- Traverse City statistics from the US Census Bureau