TADL Subscription Databases
(available to residents of the TADL taxing district)
- Reference USA Assists users in developing marketing plans, creating target lists and conducting competitive analysis
- Foundation Directory Online and Foundation Grants for Individuals Provides comprehensive information on grantmakers and their grants. Included is a database of nearly 100,000 foundations, 4,000 sponsoring companies; over 2.4 million recently awarded grants; and more than 700,000 recently filed IRS Forms 990 and 990-PF.
- SCORE Small Business Resources
- Free Monthly Small Business Workshops at TADL-Woodmere
- Saturday Mentoring Sessions at TADL-Woodmere
Michigan Electronic Library
(available to all residents of Michigan)
- AtoZDatabases.com Detailed information on 30 million businesses and executives, over 200 million residents, 2 million new businesses as well as new movers/homeowners, U.S. healthcare professionals, a jobs database, background and criminal search and email marketing.
- Business Book Summaries Provides concise, comprehensive summaries of the best business books. Professionals and students can use these to keep up with the latest information in the business world.
- Demographics Now Access demographic reports on any geography.
- Foundation Directory Find funding sources for your non-profit organization – Only available to use at Main Library
- Legal Information Reference Center Coverage includes exclusive full text for many top consumer legal reference books, thousands of legal forms, and detailed how-to instructions covering a wide-range of legal issues.
- Small Business Resource Center Learn how to start, finance or manage your small business. Resources include sample business plans, how to guides, articles, and websites.
General (including information on starting a business, business plans, and financing)
- Small Business Administration
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation
- Michigan Small Business and Technology Development Center (MISBTDC)
- US Dept. of Commerce’s Minority Business Development Agency
- US Dept. of Veteran Affairs Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization
- Michigan’s “Guide to Starting a Small Business”
- Traverse City Area Chamber of Commerce
- Downtown Traverse City (including the Downtown Development Authority (DDA), the Downtown Traverse City Association (DTCA) and Auto Parking Services)
- SCORE Chapter 578 in Traverse City
Statistics and Market Research
- Consumer Expenditure Surveys from the Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Community Research Institute
- Gallup Poll market research
- Harris Poll market research
- Grand Traverse County statistics from the US Census Bureau
- Traverse City statistics from the US Census Bureau