- This event has passed.
STEAM/Maker Alliance monthly activity – Tiger Fairway! (on Zoom)
February 6 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm| Main Library (Traverse City)
STEAM and Making is for everyone! Every month, join member organizations from the STEAM/Maker Alliance for a fun, at-home STEAM or Making activity. And then show off and talk about your monthly activity during our end of the month showcase (optional).
- February (live today and 2/15): Challenge Island – Tiger Fairway: We’re going to learn about the sports superstar, Tiger Woods, and how he came to be one of the leading golfers of our time. We’ll discuss the science in golf, Newton’s 1st Law of Motion, Transfer of Energy, and …Why DO Golf Balls have those indentations all over? Then we’re going to apply our knowledge of the science of golf, pepper in some sweet inspiration greens, and engineer our best themed mini golf green! There is plenty for the whole family to do – so bring them along!
- Materials List – Tiger Fairway
- March: Virtual MakerFest! Look for weekly activities from STEAM/Maker organizations and past MakerFest participants. More info to come!
Follow along with this program live via Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83109109928?pwd=RzQ5Zy9qamJOMWMxK1RQcVRWTHJDZz09
- Due to proprietary constraints, no recording of this program will be made.
EARN PRIZES! Follow the below steps to be entered into monthly and program-end (May) drawings for STEAM Prize Packs and STEM Kits:
- Take a picture of your child(ren)’s STEAM/Maker activity and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org describing what you learned (3-4 sentences).
- Have an adult fill out the STEAM/Maker activity survey you’ll receive after emailing your photo and description.
- You’re entered into a monthly and program-end drawings for STEAM Prize Packs and STEM Kits! The more activities and surveys you complete, the better your chances at winning a STEM Kit.