TADL MakerFest @ the Grand Traverse Resort
February 29 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm| Grand Traverse Resort and Spa
Join TADL and the STEAM/Maker Alliance of Northwestern Michigan at the Grand Traverse Resort as we bring together regional Makers and STEAM aficionados for hands-on exploration of the arts, crafting and technology. This event is free for all to attend. Doors open at 10 a.m.
MakerFests celebrate the Maker in all of us and encourage open, creative play. Included in this program is a Littles MakerFest (ages 2 – 6) coordinated by members of the Great Lakes Children’s Museum, 5toOne of the Great Start Collaborative, the Key Club at Traverse City West Senior High, and TADL’s Youth Department.
Attendees are also encouraged to explore the State VEX Robotics Championship at the Grand Traverse Spa on the same day.
We’re excited to announce our first Student Project Forum at this year’s MakerFest. Know a student who has a great STEM or Maker project they want to tell others about? Fill out this form by 8:00 p.m. on Friday, February 14 to sign-up for this exhibit.
This year’s MakerFest includes new and returning exhibitors featuring diverse and interactive activities for the whole family:
- The Beat Lab
- The Boardman River Nature Center
- Challenge Island – NW Michigan
- Cherryland Ghostbusters
- The Dennos Museum
- Double Bubble
- Girl Scouts of MI
- the Grand Traverse Butterfly House & Bug Zoo
- the Grand Traverse Stewardship Initiative
- Grass River Nature Area
- Great Lakes Children’s Museum
- Inland Seas Education Association
- Joe Simon, ropemaker
- Joseph Veeder, jeweler
- MI Odyssey of the Mind
- the MiSTEM Network – Region 13
- Newton’s Road
- Norte Youth Cycling
- Oryana Community Co-op
- Prof. Qwbli’s
- TBA-ISD Manufacturing Technology Academy
- TCAPS Tech Girls
- TADL’s Department, demoing our new Prusa 3D Printers for patron use; and,
- TADL’s Adult, Teen, and Youth Departments.
See photos from 2019’s event (at the City Opera House) HERE.