Virtual MakerFest (Zoom or Facebook)
April 15 @ 4:30 pm - 5:00 pm|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every week that begins at 4:30 pm on Monday, repeating until April 26, 2021|
Main Library (Traverse City)
An event every week that begins at 4:30 pm on Monday, repeating until April 26, 2021
It’s MakerFest time of year! While we can’t meet in-person, we can share awesome STEAM and Making activities from partner organizations who exhibited at past MakerFests. Check in each Monday for a different organization and activity demo- or watch the recorded version on Facebook or YouTube after. When you coplete the activity at home, you can either: 1) take a picture of it and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or 2) join us on the last Saturday of the month to show off on Zoom what you created (and also interact with these great organizations). You can win a drawing for a great STEAM Prize Pack from SEEDS for doing so.
The activities can be viewed live on Zoom or Facebook each Monday at 4:30 pm by clicking on the following links:
Schedule of MakerFest Presenters
- Monday, March 1st at 4:30 pm: TADL Youth Services presents Make Something Design Challenge with Design Challenge Cards (pick up kits at the Main Library, while supplies last)
- Monday, March 8th at 4:30 pm: TADL Youth Services presents Cardboard Challenge.
- Monday, March 15th at 4:30 pm: Newton’s Road and the Old Town Playhouse present the Humpty Dumpty Egg Drop.
- Monday, March 22nd at 4:30 pm: TADL IT offers a 3D printer demo of our services.
- Monday, March 29th at 4:30 pm: Girl Scouts Michigan Shore to Shore present STEM Career Exploration
- Monday, April 5th at 4:30 pm: Grand Traverse Area Children’s Garden
- Monday, April 12th at 4:30 pm: TADL Teen Services presents confetti bowls.
- *Thursday*, April 15th @ 4:30 pm: Grass River Natural Area
- Monday, April 19th at 4:30 pm: Challenge Island Northwest Michigan
- Monday, April 26th at 4:30 pm: Parallel 45 Theatre
Monthly MakerFest Showcase
- Saturday, March 27th at 11 a.m. Zoom link to join: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84343882552
- Saturday, May 1st at 11 a.m. Zoom link to join: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89496917658