The Traverse Area District Library encourages the display of informational brochures, pamphlets and posters for the purpose of announcing area civic, educational, and cultural events of interest to the community. Publications must comply with this policy and existing library policies and procedures.
Requests to place items on the Bulletin Board or in the brochure rack should be submitted to the library for review to determine if the brochure meets Library guidelines prior to display.
- Posters will be no larger than 16″ x 24″ and brochures will be no larger than 8 1/2″ x 11″.
- Materials cannot be returned unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Materials which are not datesensitive will be displayed as long as space is available.
- Materials the primary purpose of which is to advocate for or against a political candidate or ballot question or advertise for religions or commercial endeavors will not be displayed.
- Magazines, periodical, and other publications must be current and maintained by the publisher and/or their representative delivering the items.
- The Library reserves the right to remove brochures and publications that do not comply with this policy or other Library policies and procedures and prohibit future distribution of such materials.
Reviewed January 2003; Revised October 15, 2020