- The Traverse Area District Library offers its patrons free access to the Internet via Public Access Computers and its Wireless or Wired Network.
- Pursuant to state and federal law and to create a safe environment for library patrons and staff, Internet access for all public access computing, including wireless access by laptop and other mobile devices is filtered. Filtering of Internet access on the Wireless or Wired Network is set at levels that promote a safe environment for library patrons and staff and in compliance with state and federal laws.
- The Traverse Area District Library (TADL) offers, in addition to use of fixed public access desktop computers, laptop and other mobile computer devices for loan within the library building.
- Use of laptops and other mobile devices is subject to all other TADL policies including the Computer and Internet Acceptable Use Policy, and the TADL Behavior Policy.
- Use of laptops and other mobile devices may be loaned to registered TADL borrowers for use within the library building.
- Time limits will be enforced to provide access to public computers with the option for users to extend their computing session if no other users are in queue. Time limits and extension options will vary based on library location.
Approved by Board: November 21, 2013