- The Michigan Legal Help website was created to help people who have to handle simple civil legal problems without a lawyer. There are articles you can read to learn about a specific area of the law and toolkits to help you prepare to represent yourself in court.
13th Circuit Friend of the Court
- The FOC's webpage includes commonly used forms and questions regarding custody, parenting time, and child support for those living in Grand Traverse, Leelanau and Antrim Counties.
Third Level Crisis Center Free Legal Aid Clinic
- The Free Legal Aid Clinic (FLAC) is held every Tuesday evening beginning at 7:00 PM at Third Level Crisis Intervention Center, Inc. located at 1022 E. Front Street in Traverse City. It is an opportunity for individuals to receive private, free and confidential legal advice and problem clarification from attorneys from the Grand Traverse-Leelanau-Antrim Bar Association
. Services are provided on a first-come, first-served basis to the first 15 people who arrive.
Legal Services of Northern Michigan
- Provides a full range of legal services in most areas of civil law for people who meet Federal poverty guidelines or who are 60 years of age or older. These services include: basic discussion of client rights; counseling; preparation of letters, documents, deeds, and pleadings; negotiations; administrative hearings; trials; and, in some cases, appeals, and community legal education presentations.
Michigan State Court Administrative Office Self Help Center
- Provides information to assist you in finding legal assistance, learn about Michigan law, and represent yourself in some legal matters.
Case Law and Codes from FindLaw
. - Provides resources and links for both state and federal laws. This includes resources pertaining to constitutions, statutes, cases and more.
The Woodmere Branch of the Traverse Area District Library has a number of books written for the layperson that may assist you with your legal issue. Please stop by the Adult Reference Service Desk located on the 2nd floor of the Woodmere Branch for more assistance.