May is Asian Pacific American Heritage month. Traverse Area District Library (TADL) invites you, our community, to help recognize the contributions, achievements, and identities of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPI) that have helped shape America’s development into a richly multicultural society.
Let's get together to enjoy and celebrate regional AAPI food vendors along with an engaging conversation on identity, culture, and experiences in Traverse City!
Join us this evening for:
- Light refreshments beginning at 5:30pm
- Panel discussion starts at 6:00pm
Community Panel Discussion with:
- Sakura Takano, Rotary Charities of Traverse City
- Amy Yee, Amy Yee Bodyworks
- Craig Hadley, Dennos Museum at NMC
- Tony Vu, The Good Bowl
- Denny Nguyen, NMC
- along with moderators Judy Chu, NMC and Holly T. Bird, Northern Michigan E3 & Title Track
Thanks to support from Northern Michigan E3 and the Grand Traverse Regional Community Foundation, light refreshments from local Asian American food vendors will be served.
Register for in-person attendance below. Register to attend via Zoom here.